It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:52 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Tokusatsu Heroes 
Author Message
The Niko'nator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 8549
Location: Nashville, TN
Post Tokusatsu Heroes
Now that GMX is over, I can start thinking about my MTAC events.

After my Super Sentai panel went fairly well the first time, I want to do it again with a name that more reflects the content. Just like last time, I didn't just cover Super Sentai, but also the American counterpart Power Rangers, as well as Kamen Rider. This time, I want to expand that further.

So, what do people want to see in this year's panel? More heroes like Ultraman and the Metal Heroes? More video clips? More discussion? More samples? Whatever?

_________________
Nicholas Qualls
Public Relations Manager
nicholas.qualls@mtac.net


http://nikoscream.com


Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Mtaku Power Lord

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 684
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
How about the Sazer series? Gransazer etcetera. I'd be happy to discuss that. Might even be able to provide clips *digs around*

_________________
Colony drops don't work.

Grrr...MTAC 2014 room-group dropped con...need room...PM Me...


Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:46 pm
Profile
Con Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:15 pm
Posts: 23
Location: USA
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
I vote you include Ryuushin Mabuyer :9

http://www.mabuyer.com

_________________
Image
KAGAYAKITAI.COM ~ My Sweet Vacation fansite + jpop archive


Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:32 am
Profile WWW
The Niko'nator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 8549
Location: Nashville, TN
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
Maybe. Last year was hard enough cramming Super Sentai, Power Rangers and Kamen Rider into one hour. I'm thinking I'll drop PR to make room for other toku stuff I really need to brush up on.

As for the Sazer series, I'll probably bring in my friend Chris, who was on the panel with me last year. He knows his Sazer series a lot better than I do.

_________________
Nicholas Qualls
Public Relations Manager
nicholas.qualls@mtac.net


http://nikoscream.com


Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:14 am
Profile WWW
Mtaku Power Lord

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 684
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
Niko wrote:
Maybe. Last year was hard enough cramming Super Sentai, Power Rangers and Kamen Rider into one hour. I'm thinking I'll drop PR to make room for other toku stuff I really need to brush up on.

As for the Sazer series, I'll probably bring in my friend Chris, who was on the panel with me last year. He knows his Sazer series a lot better than I do.



Fun. Well, if I can do anythign to help, give me a PM.

_________________
Colony drops don't work.

Grrr...MTAC 2014 room-group dropped con...need room...PM Me...


Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm
Profile
The Niko'nator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 8549
Location: Nashville, TN
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
Did anyone go to my Super Sentai panel last year and get my freebie discs? How did you like them? Trying to figure out if I should do more samples this year. Got some other freebies planned too.

_________________
Nicholas Qualls
Public Relations Manager
nicholas.qualls@mtac.net


http://nikoscream.com


Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:28 am
Profile WWW
Anime Oni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:17 pm
Posts: 782
Location: Gadsden, AL
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
Wow, I'll be there. I always feel so out of the loop when people talk about Kamen Rider and the like, so it'd be nice to be able to join the conversation for once. ^^;

_________________
Image
^Click on that.


Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:47 am
Profile
Can I get an MTAC w00t?
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Sarasaland
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
Niko wrote:
Did anyone go to my Super Sentai panel last year and get my freebie discs? How did you like them? Trying to figure out if I should do more samples this year. Got some other freebies planned too.


Darn...I left too early before I could get one of those, lol. Oh well.

Are you still gonna cover Kamen Rider? I'd love to see more about the recent Kamen Rider (Decade and Double)...although I can't really remember if you covered Decade at Ninja... XD

_________________
MTAC 2014:
-Fuu Kasumi (Samurai Champloo)
-Fem! Luigi (Super Mario Bros)

My DA
MyAnimeList
KK Cosplay


Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
The Niko'nator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 8549
Location: Nashville, TN
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
pwtiger04 wrote:
Darn...I left too early before I could get one of those, lol. Oh well.

Don't worry. I even got a couple of things delivered today that I'll give away.

pwtiger04 wrote:
Are you still gonna cover Kamen Rider? I'd love to see more about the recent Kamen Rider (Decade and Double)...although I can't really remember if you covered Decade at Ninja... XD

But of course. Kamen Rider will likely be a large portion, if not the largest, of my panel. And yeah, I talked about Decade and even showed the first couple of minutes of the first episode at Ninja.

_________________
Nicholas Qualls
Public Relations Manager
nicholas.qualls@mtac.net


http://nikoscream.com


Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Can I get an MTAC w00t?
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Sarasaland
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
Niko wrote:
pwtiger04 wrote:
Darn...I left too early before I could get one of those, lol. Oh well.

Don't worry. I even got a couple of things delivered today that I'll give away.

pwtiger04 wrote:
Are you still gonna cover Kamen Rider? I'd love to see more about the recent Kamen Rider (Decade and Double)...although I can't really remember if you covered Decade at Ninja... XD

But of course. Kamen Rider will likely be a large portion, if not the largest, of my panel. And yeah, I talked about Decade and even showed the first couple of minutes of the first episode at Ninja.


yay! and I think i missed the showing of Decade...I left early.

_________________
MTAC 2014:
-Fuu Kasumi (Samurai Champloo)
-Fem! Luigi (Super Mario Bros)

My DA
MyAnimeList
KK Cosplay


Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 am
Profile WWW
The Niko'nator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 8549
Location: Nashville, TN
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
Then yeah, you missed it. Decade was at least in the last half hour. We went Super Sentai, Power Rangers, Showa Kamen Riders, Heisei Kamen Riders, Kamen Rider in America. I actually hit the hour mark and struggled in getting everything in. I'm going to have to pace myself better. Maybe not naming every sentai series is a good start.

_________________
Nicholas Qualls
Public Relations Manager
nicholas.qualls@mtac.net


http://nikoscream.com


Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Can I get an MTAC w00t?
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Sarasaland
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
cool cool. Well I will be there this year no matter what. :mrgreen:

_________________
MTAC 2014:
-Fuu Kasumi (Samurai Champloo)
-Fem! Luigi (Super Mario Bros)

My DA
MyAnimeList
KK Cosplay


Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Convention Shogun
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:14 am
Posts: 911
Location: My mind
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
I'm so totally going to this.

_________________
Image

Welcome to the MTAC forums. I love you.

MTAC 2014 cosplays:

-Jotaro Kujo -JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
-Deadpool
-Random Scouting Legion soldier - Shingeki no Kyojin


Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile YIM
The Niko'nator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 8549
Location: Nashville, TN
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
This year is good to go. I'm compiling all new clips for the presentation. This year will likely be less reading from wikipedia and more discussion, time permitting.

_________________
Nicholas Qualls
Public Relations Manager
nicholas.qualls@mtac.net


http://nikoscream.com


Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Can I get an MTAC w00t?
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Sarasaland
Post Re: Tokusatsu Heroes
awesome panel, Niko. it was very great!

I do have a question though...is there a good place that I could find a list of all the series that you mentioned in your panel/listed on the slides? I would really love to catch up on some Super Sentai shows, lol.

_________________
MTAC 2014:
-Fuu Kasumi (Samurai Champloo)
-Fem! Luigi (Super Mario Bros)

My DA
MyAnimeList
KK Cosplay


Sun May 02, 2010 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to: